Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fun Facts

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to write an update... but i shall start at the beginning!
Being home at first.. was very hard. I really missed the amazing friends i had made overseas. It was also really hard being back in America after spending 3 months in a very poor country. I find myself missing my friends and the countries, Switzerland and India a lot! Now It is September and being home is becoming much easier! Thanks to God :) He is teaching me new things and putting me through new adventures each day, so i can't complain because I'm having fun :) So here is some fun stuff.....

THE HOLY SPIRIT
I have been a christian my whole life, i just did YWAM ....but no one told me about the holy spirit no one told me about the Power we have as Christ followers! Like seriously...Romans 8... the same spirit that rose Jesus Christ from the grave lives in me! it just blows my mind! And so i have been learning about that a lot, and it was just cool how it all happened because i wanted to start hanging out with non believers and love on them and tell them about Jesus but like i go to this Starbucks trying to do that and God has me read in the bible about the holy spirit, because God was telling me like I'm not ready to outreach into the community because he wanted to show me/ tell me how much the holy spirit really can use me. Like Galatians 2 :20 i know longer live but Christ lives in me... I get it now! i really do die to myself, die to my flesh, so that the holy spirit lives in me... the same spirit that raised JC from the dead is in me.. is in us! as Christ followers, that blows my mind!! Its just crazy i have been a christian my whole life but my walk with God has dramatically changed!

What to know more about the Holy Spirit? Read: Matthew 3, Luke 3, John 14:15-31, John 16, Acts 1 and 2, Romans 8, 1 Corinthians 12, 2 Corinthians 12-18, Ephesians 4:30

WHY CAN'T WE BE ONE???
Like i said i have never really been told about this, and this brings me to another topic. I asked my mom why i haven't had any teachings about the Holy Spirit and she said because we were raised in the Lutheran Church and they don't focus on the HS. Also i have heard of other denominations that believe that speaking in tongues is from the devil. The thing that i don't understand is that right in the bible.. Acts 2 it says the speaking in tongues if from the HS. I have been really confused lately why Christianity has sooo soo many denominations??? And they all have different rules and they all pick and choose what they want to study and believe out of the bible... But here is the thing... It is ONE God and ONE bible.. where do ALL these denominations come from?!?!

Jesus Prays for All Believers (John 17:20-23)
"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Dude right there Jesus is asking us to be one... to be united.. If the church thinks having all these different denominations is being in unity... I think the church has a twisted image of what it means to be united. You know we are always praying to Jesus for this, and for that, and for this job, or this health issue... But do we realize that Jesus has a prayer for us! that he wants us to answer! and sadly i don't think we are answering it.
I Pray one day the church can answer His prayer.

No comments: