Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Darjeeling!

Wow so when i was skiing in the Swiss Alps i thought.. Nothing could be more beautiful than this.. but now i'm in Darjeeling and we are staying in the Himalayas! It is actually the most beautiful landscape i have ever seen! Some people on my team and i have been waking up every morning at 5am to see the sunrise and go for a walk, its great :) It is also super cold here!! Yesterday i walked around town with a blanket on! and i sleep with a beany(hat) on at night it is so cold. serisouly i think i really under estimated how cold it was going to be here because i only brought one sweater and i'm frezzing.

Today we went white water rafting because it was our free day. I have never been before and it was pretty much the coolest thing i have ever done! because the river was right in the middel of the Himalayas!

For ministry... i'm so excited.... we are going on a 12 day treck (hike) in the Himalayas, right on the Nepal and Indian boarder!(which we will be able to see Mount Everest) we are going from villige to villiage to hand out food, meds, clothes, and blankets. The crazy thing is... is that some of these villiages will be unreached people groups, which means very few or no outsiders of been to that villiage before! We will be hiking about 4-5 hours everyday for 12 days, so i'm not going to lie i'm a little scared that i am going to get tired!

I'm so excited for this time here in Darjeeling becuase it is totallly different from what we have been doing... I can't wait to tell you all about How the treck goes and how God uses us in these unreached villiages :)

3 comments:

Mystic Mountain Man said...

Welcome to Darjeeling, the Worlds Nicest Place... I take it as a compliment when some one from Switzerland feels that our place is really beautiful... Have a great stay and if you need anything feel free to contact me..

Regards

Jeremandi said...

I am in tears leslie! I am so happy for you and just trying to fathom everything God is showing, teaching and making you feel in your heart, I am just overwhelmed! He is giving you amazing experiences through it all too. Like the HImilayaas and white water rafting. Well I hope to white-water-raft someday but the only Mt. Everest I see is at animal kingdom (disney) on the mt everest ride! haha. You and Lauren really describe and put everything into words just great!!!!!!!!!! You are so important to me and I love your heart! CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU....ALL MY LOVE
~Mandi

... said...

wow ok so I am planning on going on a ywam in sept and feeling very nervous...so I was googling ywam to read people's storys about ywam to pump me up and your blog came up. I was reading it and you are so happy!! It was crazy every entry you just seemed overjoyed- and that helped me feel a little less nervous, it is cool to read about what God is doing in your life!! Even though I don't know you, your blog touched me! I'm glad you are loving Laussane so much. Actually the coolest part about this is that my friend Amy Bergen is there right now on staff at the base, she was in the dts last july!!!!!
Tell her I say hi if you see her!
- Kia Krause