Monday, June 23, 2008

7 day hike



















































Darjeeling is so beautiful; I’m loving everyday of it J First we went on a 5 days trek to hand out the supply’s I talk about in the blog before and that was a really neat experience. All the village people were so thankful for everything we were giving them. But today was not the best day because I found out that we are going to go on a 7 days trek , where we hike anywhere from 4-7 hours a day… everyday….for 7 days, and there is no ministry we are just doing it to do it. Well all the boys were excited but I was not to say the least, I said “What?! We have to hike everyday up and down hill with a big hiking backpack on our backs, for hours, for 7 days, and with no ministry! We are just doing it to see the country side??” haha so I was complaining and I just really didn’t want to do all that walking.









But oh man, this 7 day trek, was the most beautiful thing I have ever done in my life. I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything. Of course at times the hike up hill was very hard and I pretty much hated life… but seriously this was amazing. I will post pictures with this blog so you can see just what I’m talking about. One day we even crossed the boarder and slept in Nepal. But really on this nice long trek I just had a chance to experience God’s beauty! One day we would be a deep dense forest with big creeks and waterfalls and the next day we would be in this huge green open pastures was yaks and horse wondering around… and all of this is God’s creation and then of course we saw the mountain rage and really I was just in awe of God’s beautiful creation.

No comments: