Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First day on the slopes!

First day of up on the mountains! It was absolute beautiful! I forgot my camera so sorry I don’t have any picture but ( I will bring it next time and upload them onto this) basically it was pretty insane! We drove about 45 minutes on the most gorgeous road ever, it ran along side the mountains the whole way there and there was this lake that was so pretty that separate Switzerland from France so i could see Switzerland, France, and mountains just by looking in one direction! Then it got crazier so we we started to drive up this really huge hill, well I guess it was a mountain to the skiing place, then from there we took a train up the mountain! Once we were up in the mountains, very direction you looked you were surrounded by huge mountains, for example we were on the Swiss alps but right next to them were the France alps and so on. I pictured skiing would be like in Michigan where you ski down the hill and you are at the bottom, like where you car is parked, well this is just amazing because you have to take like a 15 minute bus ride to get out of the mountains. Sorry in know I sound all excited in my posts but seriously I can’t believe that I’m actually here where everyone is so beautiful. Well the skiing did not go so good I haven’t skied in so long and it isn’t really that easy learning on a mountain! I fell a couple times, actually I’m not going to lie a lot of times. We were skiing 9am until 4 pm so when we were done I could barely walk. People were really encouraging though and said that I would get the hang of it again soon. I walked away today with a beautiful picture of how beautiful and amazing God created this world, a couple bruises, and really cool experience. I’m really excited about tomorrow it is the first day of class. J We have a DTS staff that arrived here about a month before the other students and I did and they have been praying for our DTS and for each of us since they came here a month ago. They prayed about a theme for our school and it is Lasting Change…and our theme verse is Jeremiah 18:1-4. So today while we were skiing, on our lunch break Rosy ( our school leader) encouraged us to go some where alone and spend 30 minutes with God asking him what he wants our personal theme to be for the school. While I was praying I kept having that song stuck in my head… In your presence is where I belong, and in your presence all fear is gone… By the way people keep asking me what are my planes after YWAM- and I keep saying I don’t know yet- having said that the truth is that I don’t belong at college I don’t belong in Africa saving people with Aids I don’t belong doing things that are pleasing to me or others, but where I do belong is in his presence! So as I get nervous about what God wants me to do with my life, like where he is going to use me, I learned that I need to have peace and know that in his presence is where I belong. So right now I’m not going to think where I am physically going to be when YWAM is over but I’m going to be in his presence for these next 6 months and as he reveals his plan for me and if I listen to his will then will be in his presence doing what he has told be to do. Why would I want to go to Africa, India, America..ANYWHERE if God isn’t going to be there????? I have giving my whole life to God and have said I want to be your hands and I want to be your feet and I’ll go where you send me… but those are just words and now… I’m so excited to see what that actually looks like and I have faith in the Lord that he will show me exactly just what that looks like. J You know I am surrounded by these HUGE seriously HUGE mountains and to know that this is only one part of the world and to know that God created this WHOLE world in 6 days.. I have come to learn just how BIG my God truly is… and if he could do all of that in 6 days then how could I not have faith that he will show me how I will serve him?!?! And that right there pumps me up J
+peace – Leslie

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Leslie Byle.

I look up to you.

and love you.

the end.

Jesusloverrr said...

Leslie! I am so happy to hear everything about where you are. It sounds truly amazing. I can feel your joy & love for the Lord while reading your blogs! You are a special person. I admire your faith and you've been in my prayers! I hope all continues to go well & I can't wait to see photos! :0)
Peace!
God Bless,
Brooke

Jeremy Nixon said...

Sounds like tons of fun!!! you should think about putting some paragraph breaks in your next post...haaa i kept losing my place! lol you're awesome!

sharon.appel said...

Leslie:

This is Sharon Appel (Tyler's Mom). You are blessing me abundantly by all you've been learning and hearing from God. Isn't God good!!! I love it! Blessings to you!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!