Sunday, January 6, 2008

I'm Here!!!

Oh my… Well packing for this trip couldn’t have been any harder!!! To say the least packing for six months was very difficult especially when you only have 2 bags and they have to way under 50 pounds. I have a hiking back pack (thanks Dr. Bonda!) That is 47lb and I literal I almost fall over when I put it on and then when it is on I have to learn forward or else I will fall backwards! Seriously anyone would get a good laugh if they saw me trying to carry all these bags by myself! If you don’t already know … I know nobody that I will be living with, or going to school with, I will meet everyone for the first time in Switz. So when I was in the 4 airports that I traveled through, every time I saw someone with a big winter jacket and a huge carry on like me, I secretly wonder if that is my new room mate! ! Which is so funny because I was in New Jersey and North Carolina which is freezing so everyone has a big coat, and who does have a huge carry on??? Actually when I was getting my ticket in New Jersey for my plane to Switzerland, there was this girl standing behind me that said “ oh I’m going to Switzerland too!” So me being all excited and wanting to find a friend before I get there I go, “ Oh my gosh are you going to YWAM Lausanne?!?!?!” she said “uhh no.” hahaha, she probably thought I was speaking a different language when I said YWAM! So then I got on the very long plane ride but it went really fast because they gave us good food and you could watch like any movie you wanted! So then I got to the Switzerland airport to where I pick up my bags and I get one bag out of the 3 bags I came with…. To make a long story short, one of my bags got left behind in New Jersey and will be here tomorrow and I someone took my sleeping bag off of my hiking backpack ( sorry Dr. Bonda I will buy you a new one!) But I’m here and oh my it is so beautiful… I looked at this YWAM website a million times and saw all the pics of the mountains but omg it is so much more beautiful in person it is incredible!! The buildings are so cute and old looking and then the mountains are in the back ground… it is awesome!! It is so awesome all the people that I live with are from all over the world, they are 11 different countries here. Well I just want to tell you all so much but Im trying to keep this kinda shsort. But I love all my roommates and all the people I live with they are all so cool and nice!! There is a girl who is 27 and she has lived in china, New Zeeland, and a ton of other places basically she just teaches elementary school in all these different places because she loves to travel and loves to teach. Everyone is like that here, they have such amazing sotires! Oh P.S. there is a girl from Sarasota! ok well I will try to update soon but I just wanted to let you all know that i made it here safely even though I lost some things, and it is soo beautiful here, and the people are soo awesome!
+Peace
-Leslie

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Babe Im so excited for you! I can just imagine you acting all of the emotions that you described. You are so cute :0)

Jeremy Nixon said...

I so want a picture of you with that lifesize bag!!! lol I'm glad you made it ok! Its always hard to keep posts short, so just let it all out! OneLove, J

Kristi said...

ohh darling Cream Puff,

I can just imagine you with that bag, and i was sitting here laughing really hard. But i love you. It sounds SO amazing ALREADY and you have been there less than 48 hours.I miss you dearly, but God is doing wonderous things in your life. I check everyday so keep us posted!! lol.
have an amazing time.

and don't worry.
we will definatly have a dance party when you get home :) haha.

love you. Kristi.

Brooke said...

Hello Love!
I was crying and laughing while reading your blog about your travels to Switzerland. I am so excited for you even though I already miss you. I think of you everyday and will anxiously await the next blog! Hugs and Kisses

sheri said...

Les I am glad you didn't fall in the airport like me b\c you will not have anyone there to pick you up lol. I hope you have a good time there and take lots of picts.

Jesusloverrr said...

Aww you poor thing! Haha that is so cute. Hopefull your luggage/bag arrived! I love hearing about your journey/adventure! I can't wait to hear more. :0)
Brooke

sheri said...

ernie wants to know why you always have a problem receiving your baggage... Do you remember last time it had a rush sticker on it lol